Duckburg and the Soccer World Cup

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Jun 3 15:07:03 CEST 2002

> First how can a single city participate with it's own
> team in a Soccer World Cup or in the Olympics?
> Specially when it's definitely not an independent
> nation as Duckburg is definitely a part of Calisota
> which we have learned is a 51st state in the USA.

The latest issue of the Greek "MIKY MAOUS" has several pages on
the history of the world cup. According to those pages, one of the
participants in a past championship was Wales, which, I believe, has not
been an independent country for quite some time now, the last independent
Prince of Wales having died in 1282. Thus, there is precedent for part
of a country participating with a team of their own.

If I remember correctly, Duckburg has embassies and consulates in other
countries, which would seem to elevate it above the status of a mere town.
Perhaps they have some sort of semi-independence from the US, which,
loosely interpretted, gives them the right to send independent teams to
international sports events.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----