Duckburg and the World Cup

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald4 at yahoo.no
Tue Jun 4 10:58:27 CEST 2002

Kriton Kyrimis <kyrimis at cti.gr> skrev:

> Perhaps this is the case with Duckburg, whose
> inhabitants apparently consider themselves to
> be a separate nation within the US. (There are
> other such nations, the Navajo nation, e.g.) The
> fact that the people of Duckburg use the term
> "Duckburgian" instead of "American" to describe
> themselves, is a clue in that direction.

I don't think so. It's completely normal to describe
oneself after ones city or region in addition to the
national description. The situation decides when to
use what description. For example it is totally normal
to say some thing like “September 11th was a though
experience for the New Yorkers
”. The same way our
good friend AC Sivebæk from Jylland (Jutland) in
Denmark can call himself both a Danish (=from Denmark)
or a Jyde (=from Jutland) depending on the situation.

Best regards from
Sigvald :-)