Recent Egmont Mickey story

DGE@ECN.egmont.com DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Tue Jun 4 17:13:48 CEST 2002

	Hey, Don and everyone...

>One of the gags in my script had to do with what I called a "Catapult
>Land Mine", where Mickey steps on a flat object
>[which] I described [as] kind of oblong, like a turkey platter.
>And the artist (Xavi) did indeed draw it looking like a turkey platter
>-- WITH A TURKEY ON IT!
>
>Amazingly enough, none of the professional editors and proofreaders
>who saw it before me thought there was anything odd or unusual about
>Mickey not noticing he was about to step on an entire roast turkey.

	I'm the professional editor here, and Don... please give me a break,
pal! You've actually *misremembered* your own story (both your own original
script and my edited version!).
	Mickey doesn't step forward onto the platter. Instead, having just
received a scare, Mickey falls backwards- and while Mickey's still in
mid-fall, a prankster standing behind Mickey sticks the platter under
Mickey's butt so he'll land seated on it.
	Had Mickey been running forward and stepped on the platter, I'd
agree with you that the turkey was too obvious, and I'd have asked that it
be erased. But since Mickey doesn't even see the platter until he's already
landed on it, it didn't matter what the platter looked like.
	I decided the platter was funnier with the turkey than without. So
the turkey stayed.

	Gobble gobble,
	David