LVD's debut in print

Willot François Willot.Francois at ec-lille.fr
Fri Jun 7 14:32:45 CEST 2002

Hoozoo says the first appearance is in "Ludwig Von Drake 1"
 (the comic-book, november 1961).
But in Inducks, an earlier appearance is listed in Dell Giant #49
(HD&L Back to Schoool, october 1961). The comic itself probably
sold one or two months before (?). This may be the real first one,
although not the first story produced with him.

----------- Frank ---------
However, as I could find out, he had his print debut
somewhere in the Taliaferro daily strips. There even was one being
published  the same day he had his screen debut, cryptically described (in
INDUCKS
and COA) "paintings for LVD visit", although LVD is not listed to appear in
it... As this particular strip has been republished on some occasions,
maybe
he WAS in it after all???

If anybody is in possession of one of these publications, could he or
she
please tell me if Ludwig can be seen in this strip or not?

http://coa.duckburg.dk/coa/c1/story.php/0/ZD+61-09-24

As far as I remember, Ludwig appears on a painting in the
last panel. So Ludwig is not really in the story, although we see his face.

I think he appears in the next strip, from October 1. No info in Inducks
though.

But even then, I would say that the Dell Giant comic book is earlier.

   Francois
  http://coa.duckburg.dk