Winnie the Pooh

Oyvind J. Karstad oyvind at karstad.no
Fri Jun 7 14:38:26 CEST 2002

Cord wrote:
>But in contrast to Franquins Marsupilami, Jeff Smith' Bone or William Van
>Horn's Nervous Rex in all examples cited above the Disney studios had a
>great creative input shaping the character which finally appeared in the
>comic or on the screen. In some cases this goes so far that many people
>believe that the character IS in fact a Disney creation instead of something
>which they built on (Winnie Pooh, Bambi, Pinocchio, ...). Marsu, Bone & Rex
>in contrast had been fully defined and shaped characters when Disney used
>them.

Actually, Winnie the Pooh and his friends were also "fully defined and
shaped characters" in the excellent books by A. A. Milne,
decades before Di$ney started to (ab)use them.
The same could probably be said about Pinocchio.

>Harry was so nice to explain it to me: I made rather "creative" use of the
>plural - just like Timo did before.
>
>Because I don't believe in coincidence there must be some deeper reason
>behind this. [...] It was all done intentional, of course, and we both wanted
>to express profound insights into the nature of life and the world in general ;-)

Brilliant!
Now you just have to explain why you wrote "Thank for" in stead of "Thank you for".
I await you answer with great expectations...
:-)

Øyvind J. Karstad