Marsu

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Sat Jun 8 00:58:31 CEST 2002

Stefan Persson wrote:

> Your message is said to have an attachment, but none is available.
> Could it be a virus...?

Thanks for the warning. Fortunately this was not a virus. I have a virus
scanner with the latest virus patterns installed who checks all incoming
and outgoing eMail. I addition mails to the list do not go directly to
all list members but are precessed my the mailing list software. This
means that any attachments are automatically removed so not eMail FROM
the list can contain eMails even when an eMail sent TO the list might
have contained one. The atechement you saw was a simple text file
containing the listinfo-link which the mailinglist-software adds to all
eMails. So the attechement did in fact not come from me but from the
mailing list. I suppose it was atteched instead of pasted at the end of
the email because I use a mail format which is somehow not understood
correctly. There are many different formats and I will try to find the
right one. Let's see whether it happens again with this eMail.

Cord