Brazilian Disney Comics

Arthur Faria Jr. arthurfaria at projesom.com.br
Thu Jun 13 10:14:35 CEST 2002

Frank Bubacz wrote:

> Entering "I don't like it" into the sensational COA keyword search, I
found
> this story: http://coa.duckburg.dk/coa/c1/story.php/0/B+73064
>
> But I'm about 90% sure that the story I was referring to is this one:
> http://coa.duckburg.dk/coa/c1/story.php/0/S+73196
>
> Both were drawn by the same artist and it seems to me that the story I
read
> in the German Donald Duck pocket years ago is just a remake?

I know only the Brazilian story (B 73064) but I think this one
and S 73196 are the same story. The English title of the German
version in COA is an exact translation of the Brazilian title,
and also all the rest matches (pages, artist, year, etc)...

> Interestingly,
> Mickey and Goofy were thrown out of the second version, so as not to annoy
> oversensitive European readers who can't cope with the idea of both Mickey
> and Donald living in Duckburg!

Mickey and Goofy appear just in one panel in the middle
of the Brazilian story, and could be elimited very easily.

> Maybe even the same drawings were used for the second version with just a
> few alterations... Was it / is it quite normal for Brazilian artists to
> rework their comics for foreign markets?

Much probably this alteration was made by the foreign editors.

  Tchau,
  -- Arthur.