DCML digest, Vol 1 #972 - 13 msgs

Sue and Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Mon Jun 17 21:44:37 CEST 2002

Eero-Pekka:

I don't know if this has been already discussed in here, but are there any
other stories only drawn by Don Rosa than just the story written by Jan
Kruse (Finnish title "Laiskanläksy", AA 25/1999)? And why did Don draw a
story written by someone else? An empty head or an empty pocket ;-)? Just
for a change presumably.

Don drew three two-pagers that I wrote back during Gladstone I. Yeah, he got
paid for them, but he did them mainly because we asked him if he would. (I
don't remember if I asked him myself, or Byron asked him, or what exactly;
the memory is most hazy there.) He already knew that doing other people's
stories wasn't his thing, but he was willing to give it a shot, and I really
have to salute him for putting himself through that.

Gary