Story codes on Don Rosa's stories

Stefan Persson reimersholme at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 19 00:34:37 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr." <sigvald4 at yahoo.no>
To: "DCML" <dcml at stp.ling.uu.se>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 11:52 PM
Subject: Story codes on Don Rosa's stories

> I have now added a new section about the story codes
> on Don Rosa's stories to my D.U.C.K.man pages.
> http://duckman.pettho.com/codes.html
>
> Please tell me if there is any errors here.

Some wrong facts:

"Gutenberghus artists from the beginning was Vicar (ducks) and José Tello
Gonzales (mice)." -- This is wrong. When Gutenberghus began their Disney
comic production, their only artist was, AFAIK, Niels Rydahl, who mostly
drew Duck stories. Many of those were remakes of other publishers' stories.

"In the 80s, a lot of artists joined them, like Daniel Branca and Caesar
Ferioli. Some people previously working for other countries did so too, like
Marco Rota, Don Rosa and William Van Horn. Gutenberghus is called Egmont
since 1992." -- César Ferioli is one of those who used to work for other
publishers: he worked for the French, Dutch, and Italian publishers (through
some studio, I think).

"The Disney codes start with a K (a very few stories in 1991 started with
J)." -- No, but the "K" is often missing from the printed codes. So if
Inducks says "KJD 093", the printed code is usually "JD 093-1". I don't know
what "-1" means, but it's never included in the Inducks code.

"Disney Comics also was the first (?) to give the covers a code." --
Gutenberghus already did this decades before.

"[...] Don Rosa's 'Back in Time for a Dime!'. This story doesn't have an
official code, however." -- Are we sure that this story, and the G TEM one
as well, don't have any official S codes? The S codes aren't that commonly
written on the comics, so...

> And by the way, do I.N.D.U.C.K.S. still have page
> describing all story codes on Disney stories?

Yes: http://home.planet.nl/~fluks4/bolderbast/xproduct.html

Or if you meant an index over all stories:
http://coa.duckburg.dk/inducks/files/_stories/

Stefan