Stranger Than Fiction

Frank Bubacz frankbubacz at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 21 13:04:41 CEST 2002

>From: Gerd Syllwasschy

>Of course I may just be seeing things. Any comments are welcome!

If I had to judge myself, I'd also say that the cuts were made in the two
last pages and maybe that was the reason why I felt like referring to you...
It seems to me that, in the original unedited ten-pager, there was more to
see of the police and also of the psychiatrist. Let's call this "instinctive
guesswork"...  ;-)
However, there's one thing irritating me: The panel in the third row of the
sixth page looks to me as if it should be at the end of the page, because to
me it depicts a bigger suspense factor than the panel actually ending the
page. At least in the visual sense. But the explanation could also be that,
graphically, Barks simply wasn't at the height of his art anymore during
this phase. Never was his art as "sloppy" as in the early sixties.

Frank