DCML digest #978

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sat Jun 22 07:21:41 CEST 2002

From: Olaf Solstrand <olaf at andebyonline.com>
>>>Could someone, who has the American version of "The life and times of
Scrooge McDuck" please tell me one thing?
I need to know THE EXACT WORDS that Scrooge said after earning his first
coin.

Looks like Olivier answered that. I won't bother to check my original
script -- what Gladstone printed would become the defining version,
especially since it sounds fine to me, and they usually used my original
scripts. If there is an extra sentence in one version, that doesn't mean the
other version is incorrect. Perhaps that version simply omitted a
sentence -- that does not mean it was not uttered.

From: "=?iso-8859-1?q?Sigvald=20Gr=F8sfjeld=20jr.?=" <sigvald4 at yahoo.no>
Subject: Questions for Don Rosa
>>>From the information I very recently got from a
Swedish friend, I understand that the serialized
version of "The Sharpie of The Culebra Cut" contains
of 3 parts. This leads to two questions:
a) Where have you put the "chapter" breaks?

I sent extra art in to Egmont which combined the panels at the top of page
10 (where the Bucyrus steam shovel blunders onto a train car and goes on a
wild ride) into a large splash panel with insets to open part 2. Then I
think they will just add a caption box to the half-page panel on page 18
(was it?) where they first see the treasure vault, making it into the
opening splash for part 3.

Not yet.
But I might ask this for an upcoming project: A publisher wants me to draw
small scenes of a dozen famous Duckburg landmarks. It's easy to think of a
few.... Killmotor Hill (with the Bin), the Cornelius Coot statue, Gyro's
shop. The publisher suggested a few others... "Seven Route Interchange"
(from Barks' "flipism" story), Barks' Old Demontooth Mountain, my McDuck
Tower... but then I flounder in thinking of a full dozen. I resist drawing
Donald's House because, even though I like the Money Bin to always be
consistent, I like to think Donald's house is always different, like he gets
evicted by fed-up landlords on a regular basis. And drawing "Daisy's house"
and "Gladstone's house" would be pointless and boring. I might add Old Fort
Duckburg which I once said was restored *near* Duckburg in the Black Forest.
That's still only 7, even if all those are acceptable, and I have my doubts
about McDuck Tower. But.... what are some other "famous Duckburg landmarks"?
Are there some more good ones in other old Barks stories?
Can anyone offer up a list of the 12 most famous (or 12, period!) Duckburg
landmarks?