What's wrong with National Geographic?

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald4 at yahoo.no
Fri Jun 28 09:38:46 CEST 2002

Hi all!

Yesterday I was told this:
> It is not easy to find. It is not in the numbered
> page section but rather in among the advertisements
> under the heading of No Mickey Mouse Artist. The
> article only shows how Mr. Barks used images in NGM
> for his stories. Unfortunately they did not run a
> good serious story about him. Excluding the cover,
> count in 15 pages and it is opposite the CANON ad.
> Good luck.

Today I checked again - for the 3rd time!, and what do
I find? Nothing, absolutely NOTHING! And the CANON ad
is NOT on the page I was told it would be. It's on
page 24 (including the cover). I asked the librarian
who said that the magazine I was looking in IS
American.

So what the he.. is going on here? Does there exist
more than one version off each issue? If so why?

I am sorry if I look a bit upset, but I have been
waiting for this article for some weeks now, and this
bl... mess makes me fell cheated by NG, a magazine I
once considered serious. Now I am not sure anymore,
because how can anyone seriously remove or disregard
stuff about the greatest master of them all just like
that??? And what a stupid tittle "No Mickey Mouse
Artist". What have Micky to with Carl Barks? Any sane
magazine would certainly have described Barks as "The
Great Duck Artist" or something like that. I can
hardly imagine any Scandinavian magazine would ever do
such blunders as the ones now presented by NG.

BTW, can anyone please do a scan and put it on-line
somewhere?

Sigvald