mickey mouse.....

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 28 23:40:23 CEST 2002

> > >I don't know this term. Maybe you're talking about "mickeymousing"?
> >
> > No, it was definitely used meaning perfect lip synch on animated movies.
> >

>used by who? and where?

I checked some things, and I got it now. I read it from Finnish book about
animation by Juho Gartz "Animaatioelokuvat"(1978 published by Finnish Film
Foundation). Looks like mr Gartz have made an error. Gartz writes on his
paragraph about Disney mentioning "mickeymousing" (I didn't remember this
english term also was given here) and he explains it to be perfect
synchroning. Hit by hit all sounds perfectly synchronized with the
movements. He even translated it as "mikkihiirisynkka" "mickey mouse synch".
It looks that more precisely mickeymousing means something like making MUSIC
fit a scene in a pointedly rhythmic manner, music blatantly matches the
action. It's not quite the same as speaking and ALL other sounds in synch
with animation.

slight mistranslation,
and my miscomprehension
plus bad recollection... :-/