DCML digest #862

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Thu Mar 14 14:47:32 CET 2002

From: "Arttu Salminen" <arttusal at perunamaa.net>

Yes, only in AA. The other Egmont weeklies don't want my type of covers.
And, as always, the AA folks colored it very nicely! Good coloring makes a
cover (or a story) look 200% better! I wish more Disney publishers realized
that.

preface to the story from you, have you stopped writing those or something?

Heck, no, I like to write those prefaces! That's the only time I can point
out the many little details that many readers might miss and want to know
about. And it's when I get a chance, on the adventure/historical stories, to
confirm for any readers who might still not be sure that all the facts, no
matter how obscure or hard-to-believe, are completely authentic.
Actually, I don't recall -- they might have asked me and I told them that
there wasn't anything to write about in this sort of story... it's just a
quickie "gag" story. Easy to write and draw and some fast laffs, but not
much depth. The fact that when they're done I have nothing much to say about
'em is probably one reason the "gag" stories don't interest me so much.
But perhaps AA only asked me for the cover this time. I only wait to be
asked -- I don't suggest to publishers what they should or should not do.
I'm *so grateful* that I don't have to deal with all those decisions that
editorial staffs have to worry about day in and day out! I have the EASY
job!