Dialect comics

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Fri Mar 15 15:49:26 CET 2002

teemu.merikumpu:

> I'm suprised that no one has mentioned special dialect-issues
> that at least
> finnish AA has published (or I've missed something). These
> are about the
> only exeptions to the rule that finnish AA uses grammatically
> etc. correct finnish.

In the Netherlands, there was one Disney comic album published in the
dialect of Limburg. (At least that's what I heard: I have never actually
seen it!) The album contains Barks stories, including the forest fire story
from VP#1.
The dialect of Limburg is one of the 4 official (recognised by the EU)
languages in the Netherlands.

In Germany, there have been several dialect albums. I can't wait to see the
one in Plattdüütsch, to be published in April.
This is the language that comes closest to the dialect of Groningen, the
part of the Netherlands where I come from.

--Harry.
(Moj!)