Rosa Drawings

UNDBKB@aol.com UNDBKB at aol.com
Mon May 6 00:51:10 CEST 2002

> > Maybe Don can answer this,
>How do you feel when you see a drawing you have done for a "fan" end up on
>  EBAY selling for $$$ ?

As a "fan" who got a drawing or two from Don at one of those American shows
in question,
I can tell you I would never sell the drawings.  That is what being a fan
really means.
The people who are selling sketches were not really fans in the first place
or received it from someone else.  I know Don was speaking in generalities
with his response, and he knows that there are fans who have kept sketches he
has done for them.
In the early days of Don's Duck sketches, he charged $15 for black and white,
and $30 for color.  When I see the Black and White sketches on Ebay, I know
he charged $15 of less for these and just can not justify paying the $70 plus
 they sell for.  For awhile I thought I "needed" another sketch from Don, and
often check out ebay sales of Color sketches, But I have learned to really
appreciate the ones I have, and cannot bring myself to pay the $400-$800 they
are selling for on ebay.  With no new  Rosa comics being produced in English,
The sketches are all I have.  Count yourselves (Europeans)  fortunate to be
getting new Don Rosa stories. If anyone wants to help me get Rosa comics of
his last 12 stories (in any language) I would be interested in them.

Barry Branvold