Don's shorter stories

Armando Botto armando.botto at libero.it
Fri May 10 23:44:37 CEST 2002

I, too, had planned to write a report about Torino Comics and Don's meeting
with his fans. However, I'm too busy these days, so I'm afraid I'll have to
give up... there's one question I'd like to ask, anyway.

Here it goes: Don, when you were asked whether you preferred writing long
adventure stories or short "gag" ones, your answer went something like
"Gag-basedstories are very difficult to build; you need a very good basic
idea, from which you must obtain a continuous flow of gags for 10 - 12 pages
in a row. I myself feel I've managed to do that in a satisfactory way only
three times so far". (The lady didn't translate the part about the three
stories, so correct me if I've understood wrong!)

The obvious question is: which are those three stories? We've had a bit of
guessing on the Italian mailing list, and we're curious to see if your
personal taste coincides with ours ;-)

Ciao,
Armando