Rosa stories

UNDBKB@aol.com UNDBKB at aol.com
Sat May 11 18:56:27 CEST 2002

In a message dated 05/10/2002 5:03:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
dcml-request at stp.ling.uu.se writes:

> I still wonder why my stories are so popular... I mean, why so wildly more
>  popular than anything else in these issues
Come on Don, you know why they are popular!
It is a combination of a superior story with "recognizable" , likeable art.
In the years I bought Uncle Scrooge off the newstands, I had no clue who
wrote or drew the stories.  I only knew I liked the combination of story and
art..
I also bought Tarzan and other comics with a good "combination" of story
and "recognizable" art that I liked.  They certainly were not done by the
same artist, or story teller.
There was a definite difference when Barks quit doing Scrooge and the art and
stories were both terrible.
You have long critcized your own art, but  I have always really liked it.
Your eye for detail is excellent. Expressions on characters is obvious
without word balloons.  Not what I would consider an easy accomplishment with
"Ducks"!
 The proportions between ducks remains constant, and the continuity between
stories is always there.
I have always compared it to a continuation of a well written TV show or
movie.
You liked the first episode and can't wait for next week's episode.
Characters remain constant ( your art) and the writing is alsways great.
You, as a movie Buff, can understand that!
Keep the sequels coming!

Barry Branvold