Re # 928 - Rosa in Holland

Michael Schartau michael.schartau at swipnet.se
Sun May 19 17:28:21 CEST 2002

Even though the word is old (used in Sweden since before 1520), I think the
modern use of it in English comes from the modern word used in Scandinavia
(not only Norway) today. Otherwise the spelling in English would have been
different (my oppinion) as the spelling in Scandinavia has changed during
the years.

/Michael