Little Helper and his lightbulb

Arne Voigtmann ArneVoigtmann at gmx.de
Tue May 21 14:45:44 CEST 2002

"Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr." schrieb am Montag, 20. Mai 2002 um 21:31:

> In "Gyro's First Invention" Don Rosa shows that Little
> Helper does function well without his lightbulb.
> However I know I have read another story or a few
> other stories, where the lightbulb does make a big
> difference. Do anyone here know what story or stories
> this might be, and if any of those stories are made by
> Barks?

> Best regards from
> Sigvald :-)

In WDC 201 Gyro uses a hammer to stimulate his thinking. When his
Little Helper tries to do the same, he smashes his light bulb. In the
next panel he runs to a board where different bulbs are lying and
takes one of them - unfortunately the biggest one, so that he can
barely walk anymore.

In "The Duck who never was" Gyro shows Donald his helper, who "got
broken years ago" and looks as if his bulb burned out.

So it seems to differ from story to story if Little Helper's bulb is
essential to life.

--
Best regards,
Arne Voigtmann