Another Greek "outlaw"

Thomas Pryds Lauritsen thomas at duckburg.dk
Sun Nov 3 21:49:03 CET 2002

sigvald at duckburg.dk wrote:
> I even suspect this guy for being identical with the
> "virus-terrorist". I therefore hope that Apostolis, Kriton and
> other SERIOUS Greeks at DCML within reasonable time, will do the
> necessary research in order to determine if this "WEB-thief" is
> identical with the "virus-terrorist" or not.

It is *extremely* unlikely that this person is the one who has
programmed this (or any) virus. In this case, it is *extremely* unlikely
that she/he even knows about being infected by the virus (and is
therefore not attacking anyone on purpose). Furthermore modern viruses
that are spread via email can't have their destination controlled (at
least, I've never heard about it). Therefore it is almost an
impossibility that these two persons are identical.

Which leads me to my second point. You keep refering to the virus
"attacker" in singularis. There are *many* computers that are infected
at the same time, not only by this virus, but by many. Every day I
receive virus infected mails that can be traced to several different
countries, even different from day to day. And even though "your"
viruses may all come from Greece (have you even had more than a few
checked?) computer viruses (more or less like their biological
counterparts) often spread in geographical waves. Therefore you are
probably not attacked by one single computer.

And now, let's not discuss this off-topic matter anymore. People are
getting seriously tired of it.

BTW, if you really want to get rid of the viruses (or rather be able to
ignore them), change your mail program into a non-Microsoft one.

Thomas

--
Thomas Pryds Lauritsen

"There is the theory of the Moebius.
  A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop."