Another Greek "outlaw"

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Sun Nov 3 21:54:45 CET 2002

SIGVALD:

> Our French friend Gilles Maurice has very recently discovered the existence of this website:
> http://www.e-duckburg.org/

> Gilles Maurice says:
>
>>This site steals pictures and/or informations from our sites,
>>ie THE D.U.C.K.MAN, ARTICLES AND INTERVIEWS ABOUT DON ROSA,
>>THE LAST BALABU, and CALISOTA ONLINE
>

> I have now seen this page, and Gilles are so absolutely right.

And so f*cking what. Who cares? A little copying here and there doesn't
harm anybody. Besides, none of you are *forced* to visits those second
range sites. Calm down, Sigvald. Honestly.

> Normally I mostly feel flattered when people are copying stuff
> from my pages,

Me too, this actually suggests that you've created/scanned/found etc.
something useful. However, let's not forget that any of us who puts a
scan of Disney comics on the net is breaking some copyright law
somewhere. So, Sigvald and Gilles for that matter, you claim ownership
of something that you do not own in the first place and subsequently
take it out of some (IMO innocent) Greek. As Gilles just pointed out a
few minutes ago on IRC, the gent is probably a very nice fella. And he
must be a fan, eh?!

I also learned (on IRC) that plain text, minor articles are being
copied, but then again, who cares. If you boys and girls have a site
that is updated frequently and provides the latest of the latest,
then...what's your problem?! No one owns the Internet, not me, Gilles or
Sigvald. Nor does the little imitator. Ask yourselves: What is the utter
point of your sites; to promote yourselves? Is that it? Or (which I hope
would be the answer) to promote Disney comics. In the latter case, you
should have no problem with people copying your (strictly speaking
illegal) sites.

 > *but* after being "heavily bombed" with viruses
> for a long time from somewhere in Greece I don't think this is
> very funny.

I really don't see the connection, Sigvald. The fact that you are being
"bombed" by viruses from Greece has no relation whatsoever to someone
copying your sites...nomatter where he or she resides in the universe.

> I even suspect this guy for being identical with the
> "virus-terrorist". I therefore hope that Apostolis, Kriton and
> other SERIOUS Greeks at DCML within reasonable time, will do the
> necessary research in order to determine if this "WEB-thief" is
> identical with the "virus-terrorist" or not.

That's plain rubbish, Sigvald! Please drop that subject.

> Sigvald :-)

I just don't get that smiley. It seems out of context most of the time.

In loving to be copied,
Søren