Another Greek "outlaw"

goofy313g@aol.com goofy313g at aol.com
Mon Nov 4 12:34:14 CET 2002

Hi!

   This may be a little off topic, but I'd like to give my point of view on the question, as I'm concerned a bit...

   The term "outlaw", which suggests "law", is a little bit strong and inapropriate (btw, I don't think the word "f*cking" is apropriate to this list either,Søren), as people who maintain ANY kind of website about ANYTHING concerning Disney should be considered as an outlaw and a thieve...
So this doesn't concern law but morale.
   The page of this website about Don Rosa's family tree is just a COPY of Sigvald's text on his page, with the same background, so I think this isn't totally fair, even if it isn't a law infringement. Sigvald us other webmasters, take such a long time to colelct information, but also to build pages, translate from our mother tongue to english,... and I think it's too simple just to copy a page of somebody else and tell that you built it, and so collect the honours instead of the original creator of the page... I don't have anything against take informations from a website, and use it in your own website, these informations are there to be shared with other fans (and i don't doubt that this guy we call a "thief" is a disney comics fan), but I don't think it's correct just to copy a page somebody else wrote.
Then, this man used every versions of Don Rosa's family trees Sigvald provides on his site. I think there was nothing wrong with taking just one version f the tree, which would be the american version, but I think that using all the versions Sigvald spent so much time and search to collect wasn't correct either. That's my point of view, and it could be discussed, but I just feel it that way, as a webmaster who also spend hours with my site.
Then, this guy also used five of the trees i provide on my site, without saying were they come from,and I think it isn't very fair either, as I spent so much time scanning and doing researches for my own section. In my family trees section, I just put links to other sites which have a family tree, and tell the name of their webmasters or authors. Why did this guy not do this too? he just had to put a link to my family tree pages, or to my family trees index, or at least quote my site as a source...

   Well, this isn't very important and will not keep me from sleeping tonight, but I wanted to tell Sigvald about this, as he's concerned, and i'll probably send a mail to the webwaster to tell him what I think...
He's probably a nice guy, and I don't think he was thinking that what he was doing was bad or not, and probably a good fan, as his website also countains some inedite material, and maybe he would be a great dcmailer too :-)
About the possibilities that he could be the origin of Sigvald's viruses, I really don't think it's the case...
Well, I'm finishing writing this mail so that I can write another to mr Basoukos, our "thief" :-)

Best regards to you all
In loving to be copied, but not too much,
Gilles MAURICE
:-) (Søren, I hope my smiley wasn't out of context)