Thieves or...

Michael Schartau michael.schartau at swipnet.se
Tue Nov 5 14:08:28 CET 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Søren Krarup Olesen
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: Thieves or...

And again: What law exactly are we talking about here? If you wish to
control your work, stay out of the Internet. Another possibility is if
you wish to earn money from whatever you do via the net, but that's a
completely different ball game.

We are talking about national laws. Meaning they are different in each country. If You violate the copyright You could be prosecuted. It all depends if the violated person or company think it worth the trouble and cost. In some countrys the laws have been changet to fit the new media. In others there is still some "grey zones".

Even using the word Volvo could cost You, if You take advantage of it, comercially.

I belong to an other mailgroup here in Sweden and  there it is clearly pointed out that you may not put other peoples pictures or text in yout own mail without permission, exept for short quotes with notification of the source.

To share information is not the same as to copy and publish as your own. I think Disney only accepts the fan-sites to copy their work because it is non-profitable use.

/Michael