Missing facts in Ludwig von Drake sites

sigvald@duckburg.dk sigvald at duckburg.dk
Tue Nov 12 11:03:59 CET 2002

<H.W.Fluks at kpn.com> wrote:

> Today several messages from Sigvald have been posted here
> on DCML. I find such messages interesting, but also a bit
> annoying since they seem to be lacking important properties
> such as politeness and positivity.

This is not funny Harry, and I’ll tell you why:

a) When there was a question about Swedish and Danish comics
I reacted the *exact* same way as I presume you and other Dutch
comic lovers would have reacted if anyone asked DCML about
Belgian and Luxembourgian Disney comics without giving any
explanation what so ever, why neglecting Dutch comics even
though they are coming for the BeNeLux as well. Anyway, all I
did was asking our Finnish friend a simple question – and he
did answer it both quickly and polite.

b) The reason my last mail about the LvD-sites was sent twice
is that not all my mails sent from this mail account to DCML
lately have reached the list. Maybe Per (Starback) or
Thomas (Lauritsen) can find the reason for that. Normally a
posting will reach DCML in e few minutes. Last night it
appeared to take longer time so I assumed that I could have
don something wrong with the address and thus posted it again.

> And they are for instance assuming that Von Drake's marriage
> with Scrooge's sister Matilda McDuck is an "important fact".

A marriage IS definitely a very important fact in anyone’s life.

Anyway I think that there are better ways of improving good communication on this group than to indicate that some of my
postings are "lacking important properties such as politeness
and positivity". For instance you could - as an expert on the
subject - have responded to the very interesting tread about
the size of Duckburg,s population.

Sigvald :-)