Ludwig's relation with Donald

Goofy313g@aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Tue Nov 12 21:53:45 CET 2002

Hi!
About Ludwig's relation with Donald Duck, he could also be called Uncle
because he's familiar with the Duck Family. (at least in France, it's not
rare to see a child call a friend of his parents "uncle")
He could also be a distant cousin, and I think it has already been mentionned
somewhere...
But as there are no authors who did tell something really concrete about
Ludwig's relation with Donald, I'll base myself upon *unpublished material*,
and tell he's matilda's husband. When Don Rosa built the Duck Family tree, he
based himself upon Barks's versions of his family trees, and decided to keep
Matilda in his tree while she was no use (she didn't need to be there because
in his version, she wasn't Gladstone Gander's biological mother, as Daphne
actually is), so one of the reason why he kept her was probably to act as
Ludwig's wife.
Waitaminit... There IS an official version of their relation : the tree
published in The Little Big Book of Disney
(http://goofy313g.free.fr/calisota_online/trees/lbbdtree.html): and in it,
maybe because it's probably inspired from messages posted in the list and
related websites, Ludwig is Matilda's husband!!! So I'm afraid Sigvald was
right :-) (*this time*!!!)
But anyway, the webmaster of the new site seems to only care about the
cartoons universe, so why would he consider facts from comoc books
universe?...
I asked the webmaster why he didn't use matilda, but he seems to have
forgotten to answer this very question... Maybe he'll add her later...

Well, I think Ludwig would be so sad if he saw the quarells he provoked here
:-) If he knew this he wouldn't have forgotten his umbrella!!! But I guess a
Duck doesn't care about this kind of things...

Gilles Maurice