About Gladstone´s parents

Kai Saarto ksaarto at mbnet.fi
Fri Nov 15 17:04:40 CET 2002

M.J. Prior wrote:

> Well, I still think it's a nice story. Dying from over-eating at a free-lunch
> picknick is a very likely thing to have happened to Gladstone's parents,
> assuming they must have had about the same character as Gladstone
> (who manages to get everything for free, due to his good luck).
> The story fits in well, and it isn't countered by any other story.
> I think fondness of the story is a very good 'reason whatsoever to still
> think it'.

It would nice if someone would do a story about how this has affected
Gladstone. He seems trying to avoid using his luck to get too much. For
example in Barks' "A Financial Fable" he uses his luck only slightly
because doesn't want to bother for money. Maybe the terrible fate of his
parents has taught him not to overdo it...

Gladstone as a tragic figure. That would be cool. Something like $crooge
  and Goldie.

--
- Kai Saarto
http://www.perunamaa.net/donrosa