- Don Rosa Strike

Kai Saarto ksaarto at mbnet.fi
Sun Nov 17 18:34:17 CET 2002

timo ronkainen wrote:
>> Of course it would be a force to reckon with, BUT I´d guess most of
>> those (at least in Finland) are subscriptions.
>

> People could always cancel their subscriptions. But in the end, I'm
> afraid, most of the readers doesn't care much if artists and writers get
> their royalties or not. :-(
> What could fandom do for creators? Perhaps we could send pleas to Disney
> Italy, Egmont, etc? Would it help? Would it do any good at all?

We should hear what Egmont and others publishers have to say about this.
Maybe Rob Klein and others could shed some of light to the corporation
side of the matter? Why the policy is as it is? Would royalties and such
raise the price of the weeklies or just the re-prints like the hardbound
Rosa-books that are so popular.

Artist and writers should in my opinion get royalties for everything
that gets published after its appearance in the weeklies. They should
also get to keep originals as the publishers probably store the scans on
computers anyway.

As I'm no expert in the subject, I'd love to hear from those who are.

--
- Kai Saarto
http://www.perunamaa.net/donrosa