"strikes"

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Sun Nov 17 19:28:46 CET 2002

Don:

> Anyway, I ask all of you who think the thing to do is to write to
> Egmont or
> anyone else on my behalf to please NOT do so. If I can't work this out
> by
> simple ethics and honor and fair play among friendly people, there's no
> reason to try any other means. But thanks for the thought.

May not only those involved directly in this matter, but everyone here
on this mailing list, and anyone else who cares at all, respect these
words.

Dan:

So "Granny Clampett" is in truth (in the sitcom world) Daisy Moses.
Someone was being very sly in their cultural references there.

All:

The European Disney publishing power base switched from France (Disney
Paris) to Italy not too long ago, and now Disney comics creators there
are agitating for their rights. Interesting. Disney is indeed the
entity they, and all other creators who wants to see change, ultimately
have to get through to, and I'm not so sure that's quite the daunting
prospect it once was (or at least seemed to be). I hope I'm right.

Gary