Badlands and other places in Don Rosa's stories

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 17 23:35:09 CET 2002

Hi again!

Sorry, I'm taking these one by one; I should have waited and grouped these two answers.

Sigvald:

>> a) In Lo$ part III Scrooge goes to the Badlands. In what state is that part of the Badlands?

Dakota-- South Dakota
A (very rapid) web search turned out a collection of  pictures:
http://community4.webshots.com/album/30694798JocLRmujtU
I'm sure you can find lots more of  nice pictures.

>> b) Where is the land of the Pigmy Indians located.

U$A #18 (June 1957), "Land of  the Pigmy Indians", p 1 panel 3:
"Ah! Here in the region north of  Lake Superior are *vast* blocks of  Public land inhabited only by
moose and mudhens!"

>> c) In the end of "The Universal Solvent" our friends ends up in a tunnel underneath a river in
Duckburg.
>>What is that river called in the US-version of this story?

Like I guessed:
Part 3, p 4 panel 5: "I know where we are-- in the *tunnel* under the Tulebug River!"

Olivier