Answers for Sigvald's Questions

lgiver@postoffice.pacbell.net lgiver at postoffice.pacbell.net
Sun Nov 17 23:30:46 CET 2002

Lots of Questions from Sigvald today.

1.  Villian in Rosa's Croesus story?   The pig-faced
     Professor Owatta Pigayam.  The pronunciation is "Oh, what a pig I am".

2.  L&TofSMcD, part 3 "Buckaroo of the Badlands",  where are the badlands?
     The map in the first panel shows the badlands in the western part of
     the Dakota territory, extending a few miles into the eastern part
of Montana
     and Wyoming.  The Dakota territory of 1882 is now split into 2 states,
     with  non-imaginative names "North" and "South" Dakota.

3.  Where is the "Land of the Pigmy Indians"?  In the third panel of Barks'
     story (US18), Sidewalk Sam shows Scrooge a map of "the region north
     of Lake Superior."   That's the western part of Ontario province,
Canada,
     far from its largest city of Toronto.  Ontario is a very large
province.

4.  In "The Universal Solvent" what river in Duckburg has the tunnel under
     it that the ducks escape into?
      It's the Tulebug river.  In the fifth page before the end, fifth
panel, Scrooge
      realizes "I know where we are---in the tunnel under the Tulebug
River."