A friendly question for Harry Fluks

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Tue Nov 19 22:38:15 CET 2002

From: sigvald asked:
> >May I ask why you seem to neglect that topic for the time being?
Stefan responed:
> Simple: Harry has been busy answering and sending other mails, so
> he hasn't had the time to write any comments on this matter. ;-)

I haven't replied to your earlier post either, and it pertains moreso to
me, as a person living in the USA, than perhaps to Harry who already has
access to Disney comics in his own language.  However, not speaking for
Harry or anyone else, the primary reason I've been silently (but happily)
bouncing off the ceiling, is because I am also refraining with caution
waiting to learn more about what exactly is going to be published.  If as
the article suggests, we will be getting NEW material, albeit reprinted
from the overseas marketplace, such as that being published by Egmont, than
I am elated.  But if it is merely just more reprints of Barks and
Gottfredson; stuff that has seen re-re-re-re-repint over and over again
here (in a plethora of formats), than I'm really not interested in a
revival of Disney comics in the USA.  I want NEW material, or at least
material that has never seen print in the USA before! Of course, I could
dream that Gemstone would reprint some of the long neglected (censored?)
material from the early Taliaferro/Barks/Gottfredson era, too.  I'd love to
see the old Carioca and Panchito American strips reprinted in English
someday, but I'd also love to see the Italian Scarpa and others imported to
the States as well as the non-English Rosa comics finally printed in the
USA.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

-Rich Bellacera