Ignace de l'ortolan

Goofy313g@aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Wed Nov 20 14:04:19 CET 2002

In "Spookhotel"(H 95043), crooge inherits an hotel from his great great uncle
in law Ignace de l'ortolan, and then Edgar de l'ortolan, Ignace's real
nephew, (Ignace didn't like him so he didn't inherit the hotel), tries to
scare them with holograms (we recognise Hazel, Smorgie, and other fantoms and
demons and monsters from "trick or treat")...
I'd want to know if somebody had the original version or another version of
the story, because the relation between scrooge and the de l'Ortolan's is
kind of weird, because while Edgar looks like he would be on Donald's or
Scrooge's line, he  is in fact on Dirty Dingus' line... I know Potcrack
McDuck could have had a girl when he was very old, and this girl could have
married a very young Edgar de l'ortolan, whose brother, who was born many
years after him, has had Edgar when he was very old, or adopted him, but
well, it's still weird...

Gilles