Characters from the Carioca Universe?

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Thu Nov 21 20:17:23 CET 2002

To our Brazilian Disney friends, or anyone else who can answer this,

Who would you consider to be among the most important secondary characters
in the Ze Carioca Universe?

I consider the primary important characters to be:

Jose Carioca (naturally)
Rosinha Vaz (Maria Vaz)
Nestor
Zico & Zeca
Afonsinho
Ze Gallo
Pedrao Feijoada
Morcego Verde (The Green Bat)

Among the secondary characters I think maybe these qualify:

Rocha Vaz
Gabi (Gabriela Vaz, Rosinha's niece)
ANACOZECA
Gilda (Nestor's girlfriend)
Supergalo

There are some characters with whom I am not familiar, such as Jose's dog,
Soneca and Rubinho, Nestor's nephew.  As well as a plethora of Ze's cousins
(all looking almost like clones of Jose).  If anyone has scans of these and
can explain how significant they are to the Carioca Universe, it would be
very helpful.  Also, are there other minor, recurring characters who have
some importance to Jose and his companions?

Rosinha has apparently held a secret identity as Mulher-gatinha (apparently
a spoof of Batman's nemesis Catwoman) and as Arqueiro Misterioso (what does
"arqueiro" mean?). Does she use these disguises often (more than once?) and
how is she portrayed in the stories when she uses them?  Is she a villain
or hero?

Thank you,

Rich Bellacera