Disney comics in US stores

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Tue Nov 26 21:10:53 CET 2002

Mike wrote:

>It's a shame that Disney stores won't carry their own
>comics, but suprisingly I noticed that Borders (a
>large US bookstore chain) is now carrying comics, for
>the first time I think.

I noticed this also, and was quite surprised. Actually, Borders has supplied
"graphic novel" tradepaperbacks for as long as I've known about the chain,
but this is the first time I've seen them in magazine format.

Personally, I think Borders will be a reliable place to find the new Disney
comics, as they seem to have semi-obscure comics, even in the
previously-mentioned magazine format.

If this is the case, it's a definite plus, as the average mainstream shopper
is going to see them there ("Mommy! Mommy! It's a Donald Duck book! Can I
have it?") more than the everyday comic book store, ala where they seem to be
headed.

Just a few random thoughts.

--
Dane Martin