Wuwelak (more)

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Thu Nov 28 08:55:57 CET 2002

ROB:

> For our Greek members regarding Wuwelak: I remember reading about an evil
> spirit (of bad luck) called "Vrovoleka" or "Frovoleka" from a Greek story.

I've never heard of this word. On the other hand, I have heard of the
word "vrykolakas" that Timo mentioned, which is routinely used as the
equivalent of "vampire", though the term actually means an evil thing
that has come back from the dead.

I'm not quite sure how this off-topic discussion started, but if this
keeps up, I am going to look up the word in my dictionary, and let you
know of the etymology of this word, which I doubt whether it is ancient
Greek, as Timo suggested.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"Oh, just punch up 7 4 3 8 O O O W 8 I 1 2 1 2 7 2 7 2 9 double 1 E 8 E X 4 1
 1 1 3 0 9 11 5 and then see what happens!"
-----