Million og billion?

Frank Bubacz frankbubacz at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 4 15:56:15 CEST 2002

>From: "Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr."

>In "The Status Seeker" from 1963, Barks mentions a
>richman’s club in Duckburg. Can anyone who has the
>US-version of this story please tell if Barks names
>this club "The millionaires club" or "The billionaires
>club"?

Can't help you with this question, but it seems to me that it's a different
club.

>And by the way, is this club mentioned anywhere else
>before that story?

As far as I know the Billionaire's Club had its debut in 'The Christmas Cha
Cha' (1960), a story drawn but not written by Barks. Of course, Barks always
tried to improve on the scripts given to him, but we can't say for sure
whose creation it is, I guess. Except if it had been used by a different
artist before. ;-)

Frank