political comics

Ari.Seppi@uta.fi Ari.Seppi at uta.fi
Thu Sep 26 09:47:13 CEST 2002

Soeren:
> In the German weekly Micky Maus the editors did some things relating
> to the (at that point) upcoming election of the German parliament.
> They published several stories related to politics over the last
> weeks and also did some elections for the major of Duckburg. An
> indirect link to the actual campaigns in Germany was the name of a
> small boy in one of the stories: Gerd-Edmund, mixing the first names
> of the two candidates Gerhard Schroeder and Edmund Stoiber...

We had a similar election in Finland in 2000 before the presidential
election, but in our election the mayor of Duckburg candidates were
quite directly linked to the actual presidential candidates.

The two main candidates were Mrs. Bear (Brer Bear's wife also
known as Tarja Halonen) and Chip (Dale's friend also known
as Esko Aho). If I remember correctly Chip won Aku Ankka's
election, but in the real presidential election Mrs. Bear won.