what a fanzine can contain?

Fabio Blanco longtom at oeste.com.ar
Mon Sep 30 04:19:42 CEST 2002

Thanks Fer and Timo:
                                  I know that internet offer best space for
scan comics, more readers and a wide range. But here in Argentina, like some
unfortunated places of earth, the virtues of the "ducks" comics have been
forgotten. If Don Rosa, Daan Jiipes and the ghost of Unca Carl come to
Buenos Aires to present a magazine of 100 pages of classic Uncle Scrooge
stories, everybody'll say... "uh?, Wos dat? thats are comics for children
that will prefer Little Mermaid or that sweety Tarzan rounded by lil talking
animals"

So, I think that we need a fandom. Rescue the memories of old Donald and
Scrooge readers, talk about Carl Barks and Don Rosa and about the respect of
these comics in Europe ( par example). We need have adults that dont have
shame to read Donald comics in public, so his childrens can imitate them.
And for this we need "Disney comics" than these adults can read!!!
Here's my idea of a fanzine, like a first step to rescue these wonderful
comics, for try have a fandom that move the local representation of Disney
that here can exists a public (Radio Disney direct to teenagers tell his
speakers not mention nothing related to "childish things" like comics of
Donald Duck)...

Just now I am thinking in U.S.A. were maybe neither are kids reading Carl
Barks comics. The difference is my country is in default, and in the black
list of economists.

I don't know. I always say that the magic word for comic lovers is "to be
continued" (continuara, a seguir). I keep thinking ways to keep the comic
live...

Thanks again, kids...

FABIO

bonvolu postu al longtom at oeste.com.ar