Scientists (first time) and non-cannibalistic cannibals (again)

Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Mon Apr 7 09:45:01 CEST 2003

	RICH:
>I have a couple questions about two Scientists who appear in Disney comics.
>One I recall has appeared a few times with Mickey.  He is a friendly
>dognose with a beard and a cowboy hat.  I think he is most noted for having
>genetically engineered dinosaurs which now live on his ranch.
	You're combining two characters here.
	Professor Wagstaff, a rival of Mickey's pal Professor Dustibones, is
the scientist who first genetically engineered the dinosaurs.
	Buck Calhoun is the friendly rancher who now has the dinosaurs at
his ranch, but Buck had nothing to do with their initial breeding.
	These characters appeared in several stories by Pat McGreal and
Cesar Ferioli (stories which we Yanks first saw in WDC&S 621-24 and 626-27).
Pat and his wife, Carol, have recently done some new stories with Wagstaff,
too, but they haven't been published yet.
>The second scientist is a bad guy.  He is apparently a Duck villain and is
>known "Dr. Krantz" in German.  Does he have another name in English or
>Italian?  What is his story (background)?
	Dr. Kranz (the Italian spelling- I can't access the American comics
at present) is really a Mouse villain: the enemy of Goofy's archaeologist
cousin Arizona Goof. Arizona only ever made one appearance in the USA, in
GOOFY ADVENTURES 12-13.

	TIMO and GILLES:
	I musta been half asleep when I posted that letter about
non-cannibalistic cannibals yesterday. Not only did I address it to the
wrong guy (you'd posted about something else, Timo!), but I stated:
	"As you correctly point out, they're really innocent of cannibal
cannibals they're not."
	What the...?! This really should have been
	"As you correctly point out, they're really innocent of cannibal
behavior, so cannibals they're not."
	I somehow deleted a couple of words and didn't notice before I sent
it off.

	David