Scientists

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Mon Apr 7 11:41:22 CEST 2003

From: Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
> You're combining two characters here.
>	Professor Wagstaff, a rival of Mickey's pal Professor
> Dustibones, is the scientist who first genetically engineered
> the dinosaurs.
>	Buck Calhoun is the friendly rancher who now has the
> dinosaurs at his ranch, but Buck had nothing to do with their
> initial breeding.

That's right!  Thanks.  Being here in Shanghai with all my comics in
California I'm basically without any resources except the web!  Now I
recall that story and Buck indeed was not a scientist, but just a rancher
and friend of Mickey's who took on the homeless dinos after Wagstaff was
defeated.  I remember the first time I read the initial story I enjoyed it
so much I had hoped there would be a sequel!  And then there was.  And now
you say there will be more of Wagstaff and Calhoun in the future? That's
great!  I like the idea of "Mickey Mouse meets Jurassic Park" (but in a
nice way;-)  Just as I'd love to see the villain Wiley Wildbeest again
someday.

>	Dr. Kranz (the Italian spelling- I can't access the
> American comics at present) is really a Mouse villain: the enemy of
> Goofy's archaeologist cousin Arizona Goof. Arizona only ever made
> one appearance in the USA, in GOOFY ADVENTURES 12-13.

Hmmmm. Interesting, since Germany's Ehapa website lists him among the
"Duck" characters rather than the "Mickey" ones where Arizona Goof is
listed.
No worries, but at least now I know where he comes from.  I know I have
some Arizona Goof comics at home so maybe he appears in one of them and
I'll figure out his other name then.

Thanks,

Rich