DCML Digest, Vol 2, Issue 12

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Sun Apr 20 03:10:41 CEST 2003

Stefan:

> I assume this is correct, that Gemstone is about to start releasing
> Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge comics starting May 3rd?

What will be released by Gemstone on May 3rd is a comic book designed
and printed specifically for Free Comic Book Day. It will feature the
Donald Duck story "Maharajah Donald", an early Barks adventure
originally published by Western in March of Comics.

Then, on June 18th, Gemstone will release Uncle Scrooge #319 and Walt
Disney's Comics and Stories #634, the first new issues of these titles
to come out since January 1999. These will be monthly prestige titles,
with $6.95 cover prices - basically continuing on from Gladstone's last
books.

> I was wondering, is it possible to subscribe to receive them to my
> home, somehow?
> Or, is there a site where I can order the comics?

Subscription information is still being formulated, so I don't want to
give out anything of that sort at this time, as it might well be
revised before any official announcement is made. However, I am aware
that subscriptions will be available for customers both in and outside
North America.

Gary