ReCensored Barks

99E admin at 99e.dk
Tue Apr 22 08:07:10 CEST 2003

When the story about the Jade Elephant was printed in Denmark, I
remember wondering about a translation. I do not remember the exact
original, nor the exact translation.
Someone with the story handy might be able to help>
One of the soldiers are complaining about hist wristwatch. In english he
says something like "Dont ever trust those watches from Workers
Paradise", whereas in the Danish translation the watches seems to be
from the $crooge McDuck-factories. (Not exactly Workers Paradise, eh?)
Would that be censorship? It cannot just be bad translation...?'

 -99E.