RICH: Animated Li'l Wolf (was Re: Gladstone)

Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Fri Apr 25 12:11:16 CEST 2003

	RICH and everyone:

>When April, May & June made their debut on HOM,
>they had ponytails and looked
>very different from their portrayals in the comics. [...]

	Actually, what you saw appears to have been inspired by the "modern"
April, May and June as presently drawn for the Dutch comics, where the
nieces are particularly popular as characters. In Holland today, one niece
has a ponytail, another pigtails, and the third a mop-top.
	True, giving them *all* ponytails for HOM isn't directly adapting
the Dutch design, but would seem to be an effort to split the difference
between the old days (identical nieces) and now (trendier hairstyles).

	* * * *

	On to a different but related subject, I have to correct a letter I
wrote a few days ago...

>The House of Mouse episode "House of Crime", however, includes a
>full-length, brand-new Pigs/Wolf cartoon titled simply L'IL [sic] BAD WOLF.

In truth, the full-length L'IL BAD WOLF cartoon is really in the HOM episode
"Pete's House of Villains", not "House of Crime".
	(Confusion reigns as there is also a HOM direct-to-video movie
called "House of Villains", but it's entirely different from the half-hour
"Pete's House of Villains" episode).

	David