Duckburg and Mouseton

Mattias Hallin cmhallin at algonet.se
Sun Apr 27 13:43:12 CEST 2003

At 13.13 +0200 03-04-27, Stefan Persson wrote:
>timo ronkainen wrote:
>
>>  > Yes I know that Floyd Gottfredson included Donald in Mouseton. Duckburg
>>  > appeared later.
>>  Is Mouseton really mentioned by name in those strips?
>
>Nope.

When I did research for my article "Vägen till Mouseton" ("The Road
To Mouseton") in NAFS(k)uriren 23 (I think it was), I found two
different names used by Gottfredson for the town where Mickey lives:
"Hometown" and "Mouseville" respectively. It also seemed pretty clear
from various clues and references in the 1930s Gottfredson comics,
that Mickey's home was somewhere on the Eastern seaboard of the
United States.

All the best,

/Mattias

--