Duckburg and Mouseton

Mattias Hallin cmhallin at algonet.se
Sun Apr 27 17:07:27 CEST 2003

At 16.33 +0300 03-04-27, timo ronkainen wrote:
>Mattias:
>>from various clues and references in the 1930s Gottfredson comics,
>>that Mickey's home was somewhere on the Eastern seaboard of the
>>United States.
>
>Quite interesting! Can you be more specific? What kind of clues he gave?

Here are a few...

On a seaboard: In "Captive Castaway" (1934), there's a scene where a
ship with Mickey on board steams into port under the heading "Home at
last".

In the eastern United States: e.g. "The Bat Bandit of Inferno Gulch"
(1934) where Mickey and gang travels west to get to the western parts
of the US, on a train called the the "Western Limited", and then to
Furthermore, the conductor on the second train tells the passengers
how the bat bandit has been caught: "They say a little feller f'm the
East half his size run 'im ragged and then licked the shirt off'n
'im"!

It thus seems fairly conclusive to me that Mickey can hardly be
living in Calisota on the US Westcoast...

All the best,

/Mattias

--

*** Mattias Hallin ** Brussels ** Belgium ** <cmhallin at algonet.se> ***