About G. Blum and reference points

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Thu Aug 7 18:22:56 CEST 2003

Kriton Kyrimis <kyrimis at cti.gr> wrote:

> Well, Barks did portray Magica using magic
> (e.g., in Oddball Odyssey). As for the Blum
> story, I haven't read it, but if it was about
> Donald discovering that he could download
> music, then downloading tons of songs, despite
> his nephews' warnings that what he was doing
> was illegal, and finally ending up owing a
> huge bill to McDuck Records, then I'd say he
> was in character!

This is *not* only about the character's character. Downloading music from
the internet definately countradicts Barks. Barks-style stories should IMO
take place in the mid-1950's +/- a decade. It's in that aspect this G. Blum
IMO seems to fail in showing respect for Barks. When I say "seems to" it's
because Egmont may have told him to do so.

Sigvald