Space travel in Barks' stories

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Thu Aug 7 23:58:40 CEST 2003

Geo <geodiaz_79 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> OK, I never reply to the mailing list but I
> just wanted to point out a few things from
> Barks' stories since you have apparently never
> read one:

Everyone here who have read a few of my postings would know that I have read
most of Barks' stories. I just mention that here because you give the
impression of *not* having read many of my postings.

> The Ducks travel through space, let me say
> that again TRAVEL THROUGH SPACE

I know, I know, but those are *fictional* stories by Barks - *Fictional*
even in a Duckburg context. In one of those stories Barks mentions a 6 meter
high boy from Duckburg. In another such story he mentions a green man from
Venus who lived on a golden moon for centuries without food or water. Off
course that can't be taken too seriously.

Once Don Rosa said: "There is no space-port in my Duckburg". That goes for
my interpretation of Duckburg as well.

Sigvald