Olaf Solstrand: Bill Gates

M.J. Prior M.J.Prior at student.rug.nl
Mon Aug 11 16:56:35 CEST 2003

Olaf Solstrand:

> OK, a funny gag, but that ALSO means that Scrooge gets
> his software from Microsoft. Which is owned by Bill
> Gates, the richest man in the REAL world and certainly he > must be a powerful opponent to Scrooge in the Duckburgian > world as well.

In several Dutch stories and translations, references have
been made to 'Bill Gaatjes', indeed the richest man in the
world [even in the Duckworld(!)]. In H 20107, a Dutch
story by Mau Heymans, published in DD 2000-36, Bill
Gaatjes appears in person, fighting with the 'Sultan of
Bruin-Ei', the second richest man, for the last copy of
the first Dutch DD weekly from 1952. I guess this would
make Scrooge only the richest *duck*.

Michiel Prior.