Who is who in Duckburg

mateusz lis lis- at wp.pl
Mon Aug 11 21:16:25 CEST 2003

Dear friends,

I've just re-read "Kaczor Donald" 31-2002. This is a special 350. issue and
it contains short descriptions of the most popular Disney duck characters.
The facts metioned there are well-known, but these descriptions are
interesting for me for other reason. They are very similar to these from
"who is who in Duckburg" - a site by our friend Sigvald Grosfjeld jr. Of
course I can be wrong, but try to compare these decsriptions with Sigvald's
web-site
[http://duckman.pettho.com/characters/characters.html]:

Donald Duck
Birth date: Ca. 1920 in Duckburg
Adress: house in Duckburg, he lives together with his nephews
First appearance: On June 9th, 1934 in the movie "The wise little hen".
[original title was written]
Creator: Walt Disney
Parents: Quackmore and Hortense
Siblings: Della
Relatives: Nephews - Huey, Dewey, Louie and Uncle Scrooge
Occupation: Various. He often works for Scrooge.
Vehicle: A car with registration number 313, which built himself from spare
parts.

Scrooge McDuck
Adress: Money Bin in the centre of Duckburg. in the period 1942-1947 he
lived in luxurious house in Duckburg.
Birth date: 1867 in Glasgow, Scotland
First appearance: 1947 in "Christmas On Bear Mountain" [original title was
written]
Creator: Carl Barks
Parents: Fergus McDuck, Downy O'Drake.
Siblings: Matilda and Hortense
Relatives: Donald Duck
Occupation: Business Man
Vehicle: Various cars, but *always* he has a chauffeur.

Daisy
Adress: House in Duckburg
Birth date: Ca. 1920 in Duckburg
First appearance: November 4, 1940 in daily strips with Donald.
Creator: Al Taliaferro
Parents: unknown
Siblings: She has a sister who is the mother of April, May and June.
Relatives: nieces: April May and June
Occupation: Unknown
Vehicle: Most of the time s he is transported by Donald or Gladstone

Huey, Dewey, Louie
Adress: They live together with Donald in Duckburg
Birth date: Ca. 1940
First appearance: On October 17th, 1937 in the stories with Donald Duck
"Sunday page".
Creator: Ted Osborne i Ale Taliaferro
Parents: Della, father unkwown
Siblings: They don't have more siblings
Relatives: uncle Donald Duck
Occupation: scoolboys
Vehicle: bicycles

Gladstone
Adress: house in Duckburg
Birth date: unknown
First appearance: 1948 in "Wintertime Wager". [original title was written]
Creator: Carl Barks
Parents: Daphne Duck and Goosetave Gander
Siblings: Unknown
Relatives: Unknown
Occupation: thanks to his extreme luck, he doesn't have to work
Vehicle: He usually drives a cabriolet.

Best wishes,
Mateusz Lis